Thursday, March 3, 2011

MotoCzysz

After writing several previous posts about Michael Czysz’s MotoCzysz MotoGP Motorcycle I wanted to throw a shout out to Travis over at Motorcycle-Blog.com who today posted a scope on the soon to be announced Red Bull USGP paint scheme for the C1. Honestly I have no idea where he saw the press release because as of tonight I can’t get the MotoCzysz website to load in my web browser at all. It appears to be terminally down from where I’m sitting. That notwithstanding I find it a bit ironic how even though I’ve seen the bike in person, now being able to see it all dressed up for racing season makes the bike seem all the more real. Given how previous bits of information on the bike have spread across the ‘net like a brushfire, I’m sure thousands of folks will undoubtedly be drawing their own conclusions as to whether or not they dig the new paint scheme.
MotoCzysz photo
MotoCzysz image

MotoCzysz wall paper
MotoCzysz pic
MotoCzysz picture
It strikes me that at first blush the colorization of all the particular parts of the bike have begun to mask its true individuality which I think is a bit of a shame. It’s such a creative attempt to be different on so many levels that I’m a bit sorry to see that they’ve stylistically made it appear so similar to the rest of the field. Of course, I imagine that picking out a color scheme for the bike might have been the most constrained activity that Michael and the gang at MotoCzysz have been presented with thus far. Every major motorcycle manufacturer who’s out there racing - and even some that aren’t - have already staked their claim to so many of the most prominent colors and no amount of engineering excellence can work around the associations that fans make between certain color values and certain bikes.
MotoCzysz photo
MotoCzysz bike engine
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...